Online Child Witness Court Preparation Program
The Online Web Based Child Witness Court Preparation Program was developed to respond to the needs of child witnesses who may be required to testify in court. Inadequate preparation may result in further trauma to a child and their family and may compromise the court process.
For children and teens living in rural areas or those who do not have access to formalized programs, they can arrange to be prepared individually online in real time at their convenience with an experienced facilitator.
This program represents a collaboration between Alberta Justice and Solicitor General and Public Security (Victim Services) and the Canadian Child Abuse Association.
The Online Child Witness Court Preparation Program is structured to ensure the non-contamination of evidence. There is no disclosure or discussion of the child’s individual circumstances.
- the Online Child Witness Court Preparation Program is intended to serve children and youth witnesses required to testify in court who:
- having access to skilled and experienced court preparation facilitators on a long distance basis
- being able to arrange sessions at convenient times.
- having the opportunity to use both real time preparation sessions (synchronous) and website practice opportunities (asynchronous)
- are between the ages of 3-17 years
- have been abused
- have witnessed abuse or other criminal act
- participation is on a voluntary basis, child participants must have the written consent of a parent or guardian
Referrals are received from the Calgary & Area Child Advocacy Centre, police, Crown prosecutors, child welfare workers, therapists, teachers, parents or guardians. However, referrals from other sources may also be considered.
Please contact us at info[at]ccaa.org or (403) 289-8385 for more information about the Child Witness Court Preparation Program.
We Redesigned Our Entire Curriculum
New Online Learning Modules
A Series Of Online Workshops For The Community Professional.
Professionally Designed Handbooks
Physically having something gives the content a much greater grasp of the child, teen & parents attention.
Powerful Videos & Animated Learning
Studies have shown that the use of short video clips allows for more efficient processing and memory recall.